04 January 2016

New Year, New Tone

Hello friends and fellow book lovers!

The holidays are over, the kids will be back in school tomorrow, and I've read a TON of books! I ended up reading a couple of dystopian novels, which made me think about the dystopian genre in general--there will be an introspective blog post on that in the near future--and a few favorites got a re-read.

Definitely looking forward to the near future, as well! I have a couple of cozy mysteries from Catherine Brun to review, as well as some NetGalley books I'm taking a chance on. Some of my favorite books from last year, including The Secret Circle, Dahlia Moss, and Shattered Blue, were sent to me from NetGalley. Cannot say enough nice things about the folks NetGalley brings together. What a great service, especially for voracious and opinionated readers like me!

Also, I had time to think over the break, and I realized a couple of things. First of all, I love blogging, but it's really hard to blog in a vacuum. Secondly, I write my best blogs about books and topics I'm passionate about. I've spent the past four months reviewing like mad, doing my best to get this blog off the ground, but now I want to take things in a new direction. There will still be reviews, but I'd love to do some discussions as well, something that will really make the comments thread explode. So, less reviews, more discussion. Shall we?

On that note, dear reader, how were your holidays? Did you get to read something good? If so, what was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment