17 November 2015

The White Mountains


(Copy provided to The Kindle Book Review.)



From Goodreads:

“Why is it that nobody talks about the mysterious lands beyond the mountains? Young William is drawn to find the answer. After meeting Anita, they discover an amazing psychic bond that will lead them far from their homes, as together they explore the vision they share of a magnificent Golden Dragon.”


~~~~~

It's no secret, since I mention it in my profile, that I really enjoy good Christian fantasy fiction. The White Mountains is no exception, in my book. It's a slow-burning read, taking time over the details of William and Anita's childhoods, building the bond that binds them together. As their lives intertwine and their journey progresses, Regin spares no detail, richly drawing a story filled with an easy-going magic and a sustaining faith. My only quibble is that the climax, in contrast, felt extremely rushed and truncated. Overall, however, I really enjoyed the time I spent with William and Anita.

Gentle Reader Alert: I found nothing of concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment