08 September 2015

In The Beginning

It has been said that a reader who consumes a book in a day and several books in a week must be in want of a blog. Granted, if it was the husband of the reader who said it, and said husband is a wise man in possession of great perception relating to his wife's need for a literary outlet, he might be right. Do not tell him or it will go straight to his head.

Welcome to the inauguration of The Dragon's Nook, soon-to-be home of book reviews galore (if I've been reviewing books on goodreads for five years, *surely* I can transfer some of my reviewerly attention here!), a crafty bragging corner, and Retro Reviews, which will showcase a review of my favorite books from the past. In the sidebar you'll find a link to mormon.org, where you can request a free copy of the Book of Mormon or the Bible, and my goodreads feed, because I have been there and read that. I happily take book suggestions, though I prefer my books to fall in the PG-13 category and I don't really enjoy hard science fiction or anything Oprah might recommend.

Last, but not least, a little about me. My name is Karie. I have climbed very small mountains, been to a couple of English-speaking countries, earned a master's degree in English from BYU, been married to a very smart husband for 14 years, have four children ranging from nearly 12 years old to 4 years old (they will be referred to as The Eldest, Miss Enthusiasm, The Boy, and The Hurricane Princess), and we have lived in Texas for the last seven years. Yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment